Secure your spot
today and get:
- Full access to the Reclaiming Birth online prenatal course,
Valued at $129
Full access to the Beyond Birth online postpartum course,
Valued at $119
Live, guided weekly classes with a child birth educator and unlimited email access for questions and support,
Valued at $159
Extra course content and freebies
Valued over $100
A total value well over $450 for $289!
Certified Childbirth Educator
A self-proclaimed birth nerd, Christine is a mom to three loud, messy and wonderful children. For the last three years she has worked as a child birth educator with the most well-attended prenatal program in British Columbia, and has educated over 600 families. In her own words:
My empowering birth experience opened my eyes to what is possible. It isn't about how we birth that makes it powerful, but rather that we are supported and respected. As an educator, my goal is to provide up-to-date, evidence-based information so everyone can own and be proud of their birth, and feel supported in their decisions. When I teach, I not only want to educate birthers and their partners, but I hope to pass my enthusiasm on how amazing birth is, how capable we are, and build excitement for their own birth journey!
Lindsay & Adam
It was clear that Christine really cared about us and our success. She wanted to inform us and build our confidence, while helping us get excited about becoming new parents. But she also wanted us to have a realistic preview of what's ahead. She had a 'go with the flow' ease while being professional, was funny, and wove in personal examples that enriched the course and highlighted how passionate she was about the subject matter. I've been raving about Christine's teaching – she is warm, engaging, and authentic. The world is a better place because she shares her gifts with expectant parents!
- Your body's anatomy, growth and function through pregnancy
- All about baby's positioning
- Unpacking fears – we've been there!
- All about the stages of labour
- Labour hormones
- PAIN in labour
- Six healthy birth practices
- Labour signs and what to expect when the time finally comes
- When to go to the hospital or call your midwife for a home birth
- Comfort and coping mechanisms
- The role of your doula (if applicable)
- What does the immediate postpartum look like?
- The "Golden Hour", colostrom and skin to skin
- Newborn appearance and procedures
- How to get labour started... Now we're talking!
- Your right to make informed choices and how to do this in high stress situations
- A deep dive into interventions. Birth doesn't always go to "plan" or you may change your mind. That's totally fine! You deserve to know what any and every situation may look and feel like.
- Your pain management options and how they work (it goes far beyond an epidural!)
- Managing challenges and fear
- All about Cesarean birth – a beautiful and valid option!
- What the heck is a birth plan and should I have one?
- What no one tells you about postpartum physical change
- How new parenthood can feel: mourning your old life and adjusting to your new role
- How to manage your relationships and set boundaries
- Perinatal mood disorders and "Baby Blues" (a term we dislike – it's a disservice to something that is very real and can be scary)
- All things identity: who are you? Where do your parenting values come from?
- Conflict, resentment and how to effectively communicate when you're exhausted
- Sex, intimacy and your relationship
- The benefits of breast/chest-feeding and what's actually in breastmilk?
- All about how breast/chest-feeding actually works
- Making a plan that's right for you and coping with challenge
- How to know if your baby is getting enough to eat
- How pumping, storing milk and using bottles works
- Formula as one of your options
- The real deal on alcohol and prescriptions
- All about newborn development
- Attachment and bonding – both with your newborn and your partner (if applicable)
- Comprehensive look at life with a newborn (expectations vs reality, PURPLE crying, what items do you need and more)
- A dive into infant sleep, how it works, and how to avoid SIDS
- Baby life knowledge: taking care of a sick baby, car seat safety, baby-proofing... And, oh! Having fun with your sweet baby!
This program is right for you if...
✓ You're tired of the birth horror stories. You know your experience can be positive and you want a program that helps you get there.
✓ You believe that education is empowerment. Some people may have a "the less I know the better" attitude – but that's not you.
✓ You want a prenatal course that honours you. We will never talk about what you "should" or "shouldn't" do. Your birth is yours.
✓ You want the option to go at your own pace and participate with weekly, hands-on guidance from an instructor.
✓ You want a curriculum that places you at its centre. We're not concerned with anyone else's convenience.
✓ You want a safe space that honours births from all perspectives, backgrounds and lived experiences.
✓ You want the science without the bias. There's so much myth and opinion out there, but you want the evidence.
✓ You want to have unlimited Q&A access to a real life instructor.
✓ You want a program that supports and honours all birth plans.
✓ Your want your partner involved and honoured in the process – it's a big life experience for them, too!
✓ You have a partner or support person who wants to be included in the course material and learn how to be your best support resource.
✓ You want a holistic program that goes beyond birth to prepare you for what's coming in early parenthood.
✓ You're feeling scared about what's coming and a bit overwhelmed. That's totally natural and we're here to help alleviate your fears.
✓ You're a first time birther, or you're hoping for a better experience than your last.
✓ You plan to give birth in Canada.
Travis & Debbie
We just completed this prenatal class taught by Christine and it was super informative and engaging (even though it was taught over Zoom during a pandemic)! We both agreed that it definitely helped us feel more prepared for the coming changes to mom's body, the big day, and the fun to come once our little baby arrives! Christine was very knowledgeable, easy going, and shared great stories from her pregnancies – and made the class fun. We highly recommend this class for new, expecting and even repeat parents, as it has helped us feel so prepared (as much as we can be!). for the big day!
About One Tough Mother
One Tough Mother was founded in Canada by two moms, Kristine & Allison, who have been there. We believe in combining holistic, judgement-free education with all natural, plant-based recovery products so that all pregnant people can have a positive experience once their baby arrives.
We're on a mission to make sure no one ever has to ask, "why didn't anyone tell me I'd need all this?" ever again.